ATL will be delivering the following presentation during the virtual NEMC:
|Tuesday, August 18, 2020
11:00 – 11:30AM EDT
|Lab Automation in the Environmental Sector
(Part of the Laboratory Informatics session)
Topics covered during the presentation include:
- How investing in a modern and complete LIMS solution, including technologies such as barcoding, scanning and instrument integration, can significantly increase lab productivity and data quality while reducing operational costs and the risk of regulatory compliance violations.
- Organizations are experiencing “data overload” due to changing business priorities. This creates new data management challenges, especially when laboratories are working to create safe work environments with distancing employees by switching to shift work.
- Government and industry regulatory compliance requirements continue to present opportunities for improvement, especially in less automated laboratories that lack a LIMS.
- Commercial laboratories focused on environmental testing for water/wastewater utilities are gaining a competitive advantage by investing in LIMS with secure web portals, gaining real-time access to results and reports anytime and anywhere.
- The maturity of cloud or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technologies has resulted in a dramatic increase in SaaS as a compelling LIMS deployment option for many organizations, especially during a pandemic where remote access is becoming increasingly important.
ATL has been providing LIMS solutions to environmental laboratories for more than 25 years and is excited to be back at the NEMC. ATL looks forward to participating in the new Virtual Conference and presenting on August 18th.
Accelerated Technology Laboratories (ATL), headquartered in West End, NC, provides LIMS and laboratory automation solutions to a variety of industries from cannabis, agriculture, analytical, environmental, food & beverage, water and wastewater, chemical, manufacturing and public health. ATL’s LIMS products are installed in over 600 laboratories around the world and supported by a steadfast commitment to excellence in product quality, support and training. For additional information, visit: www.atlab.com.
The National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC) is held annually as part of the Environmental Measurement Symposium – a combined meeting of the NEMC and the Forum on Environmental Accreditation. The Conference is co-sponsored by The NELAC Institute (TNI) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) and is the largest conference focused on environmental measurements in North America. For more information, visit: www.nemc.us